How Green Tourism may collect personal data from you;
- If you complete a Green Tourism form – for example on the website, via a survey or an online giveaway, through joining our newsletter, participating within a webinar or and internet café or finally by using the carbon calculator
- If you contact Green Tourism via email or telephone we may store this information for future contact, unless you state otherwise
- Through online, telephone, bacs, worldpay or invoice payment for membership fees
- Details of your visits to the website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, click through data, social media engagement and other communication data
Where will Green Tourism store your personal data;
- Green Tourism will store personal data within a secure data base and within the background workings of the website until no longer required or a request to remove has been made.
- Green Tourism use Mail Chimp where data is also stored but an un-subscribe option is available for mail items from this source
Why Green Tourism needs to hold some personal data on you;
- To ensure that the content listing on our site are as up to date as possible
- To ensure that Green Tourism can provide you with a range of information from new products or suppliers, processes within the membership, good news stories or in fact giveaway events
- At times Green Tourism may send information to you on behalf of some of our partners but your information will not be disclosed to them.
Can your personal date be erased from Green Tourism’s records;
- Yes at any time a request to have personal data removed from the Green Tourism website, social media sources, membership data base, financial data base can be made
- This can be made in writing, email or through a telephone request
- If you receive communication through an e shot or newsletter from Green Tourism and no longer wish to, there is an ‘opt out’ function within the communication
Disclosure of personal data;
- If Green Tourism were to be duty bound to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with an legal obligation
- If Green Tourism were to find that terms and conditions had to be forced in order to ensure that you comply
- In order for Green Tourism to protect the property, rights, safety of employees, customers or suppliers. This can include sharing information with other companies and organisations for purposes but not limited to, fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
How will Green Tourism notify you of a change to the policy;
- An e-shot of the change or changes will be sent to you
Last Updated: April 2018