Photo Credit: VisitScotland / Airborne Lens
VISITSCOTLAND DESTINATION NET ZERO
GREEN TOURISM DISCOUNTED MEMBERSHIP OFFER
As part of the Visit Scotland Destination Net Zero Programme, to support Tourism Recovery, we are delighted to be able to offer a discount of up to £500 off Green Tourism membership for businesses joining before March 2023 (or until all funding is used up).
This allows us to offer your businesses a point of differentiation by showing a commitment to responsible tourism practices and meet the needs of visitors, who are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of sustainability.
The benefits to your business:
Show you’re serious about sustainability: evidence your commitment; enhance your brand
Stand out to customers, stand out from the competition; show up for ‘sustainability’ searches on sites like Booking.com
Show off your Green Tourism credentials with a certificate, logo, and plaque
Get a full interactive assessment with a bespoke action plan
And, get ongoing expert support from Green Tourism’s IEMA-qualified assessors including exclusive webinars and sustainability training, plus access to our extensive online resource library.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM, CHOOSING THE CAMPAIGN NAME ‘VS-DNZ’
CLICK 'REQUEST INVOICE' TO GET STARTED
PLEASE NOTE: Depending on your business size you will either receive a £0 invoice or an invoice for the balance.
Who can receive a discount?
Micro, small and SME businesses within the tourism sector are eligible for discounted membership from the Certification Scheme programme providers.
All businesses will need to meet the certification programme’s eligibility requirements.
- Non-tourism businesses
- Non-micro businesses, non-small business and non-SME businesses
- Lapsed members of a Sustainability Certification Scheme Providers’ Scheme who cancelled their membership on or after 1 November 2021.
- Local authority or public body owned or managed businesses Supply chain businesses for events and tourism sectors (e.g. florists, caterers, photographers, chauffeur, taxi services, etc.).
- An individual event or multiple set of connected events.
- Venues that are not open for booking by members of the public (i.e. an exclusive member-only organisation venue).
- Transport providers without a tourism product (i.e. coach hire, car hire, taxi services, boat hire, ferry operators)
- Large educational establishments such as schools, colleges and universities.
- Non-tourism accommodation (non-tourism hostels, workers accommodation and long term lets).
GREEN TOURISM STANDARD IS ACHIEVED AT GOLD, SILVER OR BRONZE
Green Tourism Standard is achieved at Gold, Silver or Bronze. Preparing for your assessment is processed completely online through our GreenCheck™ platform
Professional and knowledgeable sustainability assessors on hand
Access 24/7 to complete when convenient for you
On-going online support and advice for continuous improvement
Submit for your assessment whenever you are ready
Save upto £500 in Year 1 through this partnership
Our Green Meetings Standard is also available for venues and those primarily focussed on meetings and events.
''We are delighted to be awarded the Gold Star Award from Green Tourism. It is such an honour to be the first hotel to achieve such an accolade and shows the commitment and hard work of the team here to the community and the environment.”
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
''We are proud to have been awarded Green Tourism highest 'Gold' level of accreditation, and seek to at least maintain this high standard whilst always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience.”
Deborah and Steve Macken, East Cambusmoon Holiday Cottages
SOME BUSINESSES SIGNED UP TO THE GREEN TOURISM STANDARD
CASE STUDY: J P Orkney
At JP Orkney, sustainability underpins everything they do, both in their home life and in business. Based in Birsay on Orkney, they create fabulous treats including tablet, chocolate brownies, jams and preserves, all with a focus on locally-sourced and in-season ingredients.
*Terms and Conditions:
- Year 1 funding will be available for up to £500 per eligible business inclusive of VAT.
- Membership Fees range from £270-£870 inclusive of VAT. Any balance will be invoiced and payable by the joining member.
- Should you not require the full £500 potential funding due to the size of your business, there is no payment of balance.
- The funding is for membership of Green Tourism or Green Meeting Standard only and cannot be used against joint membership.
- This funding is not available for a current Green Tourism or Green Meetings Member or any member who has left the programme on or after 1st November 2021.
- Membership will automatically renew in year 2 at the normal annual membership fee.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other preferred rates.