Brackenborough Hall Coach House Holidays
Brackenborough Hall Coach House
“If there is a better farm stay in the United Kingdom, I would be very surprised.”
Guest comment, TripAdvisor
Situated on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds, Brackenborough Hall Coach House provides award winning self-catering accommodation on our 800 acre farm. We are only 2 miles from the lovely Georgian market town of Louth, 10 miles from the sandy beaches and nature reserves of Lincolnshire’s coast and less than an hour from Lincoln Castle and Cathedral, Hull and Skegness.
Our apartments – Granary, Stables and Saddle Room have been converted from our 18th century Coach House. Since opening in 2007 we have been delighted to win both local and national awards recognising the quality of accommodation and the warm welcome that we extend to all guests.
At Brackenborough you can enjoy:
- An apartment equipped to a five star standard in an historic building full of original features
- The Coach House garden with seating areas, BBQ, children’s play area and toys as well as use of the extensive Brackenborough Hall gardens
- Our farm – visit the cows, chickens, tractors and combine harvester, walk in our parkland, go fishing or look out for wildlife including badgers, deer, hares, bats, owls and buzzards
- A short drive to Louth – visit the museum, markets, parks, church spire and wonderful independent shops
- Our fantastic location between the Lincolnshire Wolds and large sandy beaches at the coast
We really enjoy helping guests to make the most of our farm and surroundings: families love the space, walkers can walk from the door, cyclists have use of our secure cycle shed and dogs (and other pets!) are welcome in all apartments. We offer short breaks all year round, with any start day and any number of nights.
We are proud to provide accessible accommodation for guests with limited mobility or hearing/visual impairments.
We would love to welcome you to Brackenborough soon!
Paul and Flora
Things to Do
“Louth is a great location – we enjoyed great trips out to the coast and Lincoln (who knew it is as impressive as York and Chester?)”
Guest comment, TripAdvisor
At Brackenborough there’s lots to do whether you’re on the farm, in Louth, at the coast or in the Lincolnshire Wolds. You can look at our dedicated pages for families, walkers,cyclists and pets, or you will find even more ideas in our information folders when you arrive.
- Enjoy the space! You can explore our gardens, including Victorian kitchen garden and spinney (small wood), or make the most of the play area, football goal, lawn tennis court and rope swings
- Enjoy our nature trail and other walks on our farm or visit our cows, calves, tractors and deserted medieval village
- Go fishing at our pond
- Cook some local produce – we provide free seasonal fruit and vegetables from our garden
- Visit St James Church – climb the tower of the tallest medieval parish church spire in England
- Louth has a market every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and a Farmer’s Market on the 4th Wednesday of each month
- Explore Louth’s lovely independent food shops
- Learn about local history at Louth Museum – borrow our passes for free entry
- Hubbards Hills is great for picnics and paddling in summer, or walks and the cafe in winter
- Enjoy the many restaurants, cafes and pubs
- Mablethorpe North End has a large sandy beach great for playing in summer and walking in winter
- Cleethorpes has a large beach, traditional arcades and amusements and Grimsby fish and chips!
- Rimac Nature Reserve has lovely orchids in May/June and an easy access trail
- Visit Skegness for a true seaside experience!
- Visit Lincoln Castle to walk the castle walls and see the Magna Carta and Victorian Prison
- At Lincoln’s beautiful cathedral you can join a tour of the roof or towers
- Explore the shops and cafes on ‘Steep Hill’
- Visit Doddington Hall for gardens, a farm shop and cafe
- Louth Antiques Centre has over 10,000 square feet of antiques to explore
- Horncastle has numerous antiques shops and cafes
- Hemswell Antiques Centre is the ‘Largest Antiques Centre in Europe’. There is also a cafe with local food and a large car boot sale on Sundays
- At Brackenborough: Enjoy the autumn colours and our apples, plums, pears and pumpkins
- 1: Lincolnshire Day!
- TBC: Lincolnshire Sausage Festival
- 29: Celebrate Halloween at Lincs Wolds Railway
- At Brackenborough: Enjoy winter walks with the first frosts
- All month: Visit the amazing seal colony at Donna Nook
- 4: Celebrate bonfire night at Louth’s annual bonfire, held in one of our fields!
- 16: Ed Byrne performs at Lincoln Engine Shed
- 19: Take a trip on a steam train at the winter warmer at Lincs Wolds Railway