Relax furiously at Jessie Mac’s ……
Welcome to Big Tree Country!
– Visit Loch of the Lowes nature reserve to see red squirrels and maybe the otter or osprey
– The Hermitage’s atmospheric woodlands, waterfalls are perfect for family picnics
– Explore miles of mountain bike and hiking trails along rivers and woodlands
– Challenge yourself to the 6 Munro mountains within an hour’s drive
– Or just sit by the River Tay and watch the salmon jump…
Surrounded by some of Scotland’s most beautiful hills, forests and rivers, it make sense for our business to be as sustainable as possible. Come and see what we’re doing.
Bus: direct buses from Edinburgh / Inverness and connections from Glasgow every two hours. The bus stop is only three minutes’ walk from our door.
Train: regular direct trains from Edinburgh and Glasgow every two to three hours.
Five minutes’ walk to Dunkeld and Birnam station.
Bike: we are on Sustrans route 77. We also have a secure bike shed.
Kayak / canoe: jump out at the Birnam Oak!
Car: take the A9 north of Perth. After 11 miles turn right at the junction marked Dunkeld/Birnam. Half a mile later, we’re on the right hand side, next door to St Mary’s church.