St Anne's B&B
St Annes is an early eighteenth century former Wool merchants home in the heart of beautiful Painswick. We are within strides of several excellent places to eat. With fabulous walking from the doorstep, Painswick Rococo Gardens and Saturday Farmer’s market in Stroud, St Annes is an ideal base to explore the Cotswolds. We especially welcome walkers on the Cotswold Way with a warm welcome, huge organic breakfast to set you on the trail, packed lunches prepared and luggage transfers arranged.
We also have a Walkers only campsite set in a little meadow hidden in the heart of Painswick.
To find us
– On foot. If you are coming from the north on the Cotswold Way you will pass the house on the left hand side of Gloucester St before you get to the cross roads with A46. If you are coming up from the South on Cotswold Way. Walk up New Street passing the Church on your right and passing through traffic lights continue to cross roads with Gloucester Street, turn Left into Gloucester Street and find St Annes 3rd house on right. By Bus, we are very short walk from the main bus stop in the centre of Painswick near the church. From the bus stop walk up the main street leaving the church on your right. Go past the traffic lights to the crossroads with Gloucester Street, turn left up Gloucester Street and find us 3rd house on right.
– by Bus – Regular buses from Cheltenham 12 miles and Stroud 4 miles. We are only a 2 minute walk from the bus stop in Painswick next to the Church.
– by Train – Stroud 4 miles is the nearest train station.
– By Car – if you are coming from the north on the A46 from the Cheltenham direction: enter the village and turn right after the traffic lights. This is Gloucester Street. You will find us 3rd house on right. From the south, enter the village on A46 passing the church on right and through the lights. Take the first main left turn after lights and find us 3rd house on right.
• Parking. There is unrestricted free street parking all the way up the left hand side of Gloucester Street from just after our house. We also recommend parking in Stamages Lane car park after unloading. There is a small charge for parking.