Swallow's Nest Holiday Cottages
Formerly a stable block and cart shed, this historic building has been lovingly restored by the owners, Katy & John, using reclaimed and sustainable materials. The walls are insulated with locally grown hemp and lime plaster provides a beautiful textured and rustic finish.
With three bedrooms and three bath / shower rooms, sleeping up to six people, The Cart Shed (this is our first holiday cottage and a second is planned) offers the perfect space for families or groups of friends to gather together. Situated all on one level, it is wheelchair accessible. We also accept dogs.
A biomass boiler supplies heating and hot water, all lighting comes from super energy efficient LED bulbs, appliances are A rated, water saving showers and taps are fitted, windows are made from argon filled double glazing units and guests are welcomed with a complimentary hamper of locally sourced goodies. We encourage and make it easy for guests to recycle and compost kitchen and food waste.
There is a private patio which looks out onto our woodland and across open fields, with lovely sunset views on summer evenings.
We are situated just a few miles from:
• historic Beverley (one of Yorkshire’s best kept secrets)
• sandy beaches and spectacular coastal scenery including Bempton Cliffs and Flamborough Head
• some of the best wildlife reserves in the country
• the Yorkshire Wolds – ideal for walking or cycling
• the city of Hull (UK City of Culture 2017) with one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world, The Deep.