The Harrison Flat
|Telephone||0844 493 2120|
Overlooking the same courtyard as the Gladstone Flat, this apartment is one of three designed by architect Sir Frank Mears, originally intended to provide housing for people of limited means – the first tenant paid just 4s 6d per week.
Helen Harrison donated the flat to the Trust in 1934. Since then it has been restored to provide modern comfort in the centre of a bustling historic capital.
Access is via a steep turnpike staircase which, we regret, is unsuitable for people with mobility problems.
Sleeps 2. One twin bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and bathroom with bath and shower.
Gas central heating.
477B Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2NT
On the Royal Mile 5 mins’ walk from Tourist Information Centre on Princes Street (near Waverley Station)via the Mound.