Green Tourism wish to make you aware that non-essential cookies such as Google Analytics are used to monitor the website performance and integrate our social media channels. For full details of all cookies used please read our cookies statement.
This website also uses essential cookies to remember your member’s password login on request and allow use of online purchasing facilities. If you do not have cookies enabled you will not be able to use these features and your experience of using our website will be marred.
This statement only applies to Green Tourism’s web site. You are also encouraged to read the privacy statement that relates to any data you might share with Green Tourism via the website and how Green Tourism will use that data.
You should always be aware when moving to another site of how that site deals with your information by checking its privacy statement.
Green Tourism cannot be held responsible for the content or policy of any external website to which it links.
How Green Tourism may collect personal data from you;
- If you complete a Green Tourism form – for example on the website, through taking the GreenCheck quiz, via a survey or an online giveaway, through joining our newsletter, participating within a webinar or and internet café or finally by using the carbon calculator
- If you contact Green Tourism via email or telephone we may store this information for future contact, unless you state otherwise
- Through online, telephone, bacs, worldpay or invoice payment for membership fees
- Details of your visits to the website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, click through data, social media engagement and other communication data
Where will Green Tourism store your personal data;
- Green Tourism will store personal data within a secure data base and within the background workings of the website until no longer required or a request to remove has been made.
- Green Tourism use Mail Chimp where data is also stored but an un-subscribe option is available for mail items from this source
Why Green Tourism needs to hold some personal data on you;
- To ensure that the content listing on our site are as up to date as possible
- To ensure that Green Tourism can provide you with a range of information from new products or suppliers, processes within the membership, good news stories or in fact giveaway events
- At times Green Tourism may send information to you on behalf of some of our partners but your information will not be disclosed to them.
- Green Business UK Ltd will not disclose Personal Data to any third party unlawfully.
- Where and when appropriate, Green Business UK Ltd will share information in line with the Information Commissioner’s Data Sharing Code of Practice and establish Data Sharing Agreements with third parties, outlining the terms under which information will be shared.
Can your personal date be erased from Green Tourism’s records;
- Yes at any time a request to have personal data removed from the Green Tourism website, social media sources, membership data base, financial data base can be made
- This can be made in writing, email or through a telephone request
- If you receive communication through an e shot or newsletter from Green Tourism and no longer wish to, there is an ‘opt out’ function within the communication
Disclosure of personal data;
- If Green Tourism were to be duty bound to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with an legal obligation
- If Green Tourism were to find that terms and conditions had to be forced in order to ensure that you comply
- In order for Green Tourism to protect the property, rights, safety of employees, customers or suppliers. This can include sharing information with other companies and organisations for purposes but not limited to, fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
How will Green Tourism notify you of a change to the policy;
- An e-shot of the change or changes will be sent to you
First published 16/05/2017
Reviewed and Updated 26/03/2019