Blog : Latest News
Sustainable Honey Goats Cheese Canapes
Gold award holder Hickory’s Amazing Honey Canapes
Hope you enjoy making & eating them – please send us your pictures
For the cheese sable pastry:
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pinch black pepper
1 teaspoon semi crushed cumin seeds
150g butter – chilled and diced
75g grated mature cheddar
75g finely grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon milk
90g sesame seeds
10g onion seeds
For the honey & goat’s cheese parfait topping:
280g locally sourced goat’s cheese
180g cream cheese
Small piece of fresh honeycomb
Handful of chervil leaves
- Put flour, salt, cayenne, cumin, pepper into a food processor.
- Add butter and pulse until all worked in.
- Add the cheese and pulse until dough starts to form. You might need a splash of water.
- Take your dough and roll into a long of about 3.5 cm in diameter.
- Wrap in film and chill in the fridge.
- Brush with milk and roll in the sesame and onion seeds.
- Cut into slices about the thickness of a pound coin.
- Bake at 180° C for around 20 minutes until golden.
- When cool, blend the goat’s cheese and cream cheese in the food processor and pipe or spread onto the sable discs.
- Garnish each one with two tiny pieces of honeycomb and a chervil leaf.
For more recipes and inspiration for events, festivals, celebrations, private dinner parties or cocktail bars check out Hickory’s website
To make Aberfeldy’s Golden Dram to drink with your canapes check out the recipe here
17/10/2019 Switched on to Sustainability Assembly Rooms is Leading Light for City’s Carbon Reduction Plans
24/09/2019 Sustainable Travel Blog
04/09/2019 A Green Tourism member is awarded UNESCO World Heritage Site status
10/07/2019 Walworth Castle - Going for Gold in Green Tourism