Evidence your commitment to sustainability.
Turning words into the numbers that matter.
It’s hard to pitch commitment convincingly until there are numbers to back it up. If you want to demonstrate you’re transitioning to becoming a more sustainable destination, we’re here to help you evidence the action you’re taking.
Green Tourism is a world leading certification provider. We work collaboratively with destination stakeholders and strategic partners GDS-Movement to create top down, bottom up change.
We’ve helped destination cities like Belfast move from 47 up to 8 in the Global Destinations Sustainability Index Rankings. The numbers tell a powerful story of success.
How we can help?
Is your destination eager to make sustainability part of a proposition to drive competitive advantage? We provide manageable ways for tourism and hospitality businesses to adopt more sustainable activities. All of which are auditable and achievable.
Belfast and Green Tourism White Paper
Belfast City Council, Visit Belfast and industry partners' ambitious 18 month programme to become a more sustainable destination offers key learnings for any tourist destination.
Learn how they became number 8 on the Global Destinations Sustainability Index. One of only two cities in the UK to make the top ten.
A starting point for practical change
Here is how Green Tourism can support your ambitions.
1. Supported Improvement Plan
Like the Belfast model above, we provide a suite of resources to support the transition of businesses in your economic area in line with strategic aims.
- Funded Green Tourism memberships
- Expert assessor support for individual businesses as required
- Full access to all 'Knowledge Hub' resources including masterclass webinars, videos, and quick-start templates.
2. Customised Resource Bundle
We supply you with ready-to-use resources (customised with your branding) you can host on your website to support the businesses you are working with.
- Introductory video
- Quick-start templates
- Procurement checklist and screening questionnaire
- Five guides covering key topic areas for tourism and hospitality businesses
- Energy monitoring workbook
3. Masterclass Webinars
We deliver five 60-minute webinars, tailored to your destination and your members.
- Starting your sustainable journey
- Identifying quick wins and low-cost improvements
- Tourism trends and marketing your green achievements
- Developing a sustainability plan
- Best practice green events and meetings
Let’s talk about what will work for you
Destinations come to us at various points in their journey. Let’s start with a conversation about where you are now. Having worked with a number of towns, cities, national parks, economic areas and areas of specific tourist interest, we’d be delighted to share further examples of best practice with you.
If you’d like to discuss how we can support your destination, contact our Managing Director, Scott Maclean.
07912 268 414